District: Large County Public Schools District, 50,000 students
Description: Distribution of school bus schedules to parents
ZippSlip’s Schedules module. The process now goes as follows:
- An administrator creates a form in ZippSlip and imports data from the districts’ bus schedule application. The created form then builds individualized schedules for each student.
- The administrator makes the form available on ZippSlip for viewing by parents.
- Parents simply view the schedule for each student including pick time and location for the morning, and drop off time and location in the afternoon.
- Schedules may have multiple hops for students going to magnet or special ED schools.
Benefits of using ZippSlip
- Eliminates distribution of paper schedules
- Offers mobile app convenience for parents
- Updates schedule changes electronically
- Automates sending to new families
- Savings in printing 50,000+ pages
- Customized by student vs. parent having to decipher an entire schedule
- Much more convenient for the parent
Legacy paper process
- The district prints and distributes school bus schedules for each school
- Parents receive these schedules in the mail or may call the school to ask for this information